Are you contemplating a transition to an ICHRA (Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement) but concerned about introducing new, regional healthcare carriers to your employees? You're not alone.
Most HR and finance leaders care deeply about employees' well-being and want to offer healthcare plans that instill trust. Similarly, brokers want to provide plans to their clients that have the biggest bang for their buck and showcase real value, and recognizable brand names seem to offer that.
While national insurance carriers with familiar names may seem like the safest bet, regional carriers offer a myriad of advantages that can elevate your organization's healthcare offerings. We love them and think you should too.
Let's delve into why switching to a regional healthcare plan could be the strategic move your organization needs..
- Tailored Benefits: Regional carriers excel in offering tailored benefits and add-ons designed to address specific regional health concerns or wellness programs. This personalized approach ensures that your employees' diverse needs are met, fostering a happier and healthier workforce.
- Personalized Care: Imagine your employees receiving personalized and attentive customer service from a local or state-level carrier where they are more than just a name in a vast pool. With regional offices often conveniently located nearby, accessing in-person assistance becomes effortless, smoothing out the healthcare journey for your team.
- Local Networks: Regional carriers boast robust connections with local healthcare providers, ensuring better accessibility and sometimes exclusive discounts with specific doctors or hospitals. By leveraging established local networks, your employees gain easier access to quality care, resulting in improved health outcomes.
- Faster Response Times: Bid farewell to long waiting times for assistance. Thanks to their smaller scale, regional carriers offer quicker response times for queries, claims, or assistance needs, emphasizing efficiency and ensuring your team receives the support they need promptly.
- Competitive Pricing: Regional carriers frequently offer more competitive rates than larger national carriers due to their focused operations and reduced overhead costs. This translates into savings for your organization's bottom line and your employees' wallets without compromising on quality.
- Quality Plans: Rest assured that all plans offered by regional carriers are fully insured and compliant with ACA standards, guaranteeing top-notch healthcare coverage for your employees without compromise.
- Economic Support for Your Local Community: Opting for a local healthcare plan isn't just about healthcare; it's about investing in your community. By directing policyholders to nearby healthcare providers within their network, regional carriers contribute to the local economy, fostering job creation and economic stability—a meaningful way to support your community while ensuring your employees receive top-notch healthcare coverage.
As you weigh the options for your organization's healthcare benefits under an ICHRA, consider the untapped potential of regional healthcare plans. From personalized care to competitive pricing and economic support for the local community, they offer numerous benefits that position them as a superior choice over national carriers.
By making the switch to a regional healthcare plan, you're not only investing in your employees' health but also in the well-being of your community. This strategic decision promises long-term dividends for your organization and reinforces your commitment to both your employees and the local community.
Still weighing your options? See if an ICHRA is right for your organization. Take the quiz here.